Saint Agnes Bariatric Surgery Center adheres to highest current standards of care and is fully credentialed Comprehensive Bariatric Program by MBSAQIP, a joint program of the American College of Surgeons (ACS) and American Society for Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery (ASMBS). Besides this professional endorsement, our program maintains separate credentialing for bariatric surgery center of choice from CareFirst BlueCross BlueShield, Aetna, Cigna and UnitedHealthcare (MAMSI) insurance companies.
Why choose our practice?
- Established, high volume, renown in Maryland and surrounding states, fully accredited comprehensive Bariatric Surgery Center with long track record.
- Surgeons with one of the best safety record, Board Certified, trained in laparoscopic bariatric surgery and credentialed by ACS/ASMBS/SAGES.
- Performed >5,000 gastric sleeves, bypasses and revision procedures.
- Perform only proven laparoscopic surgical procedures endorsed by ASMBS.
- Exemplary safety record for Sleeve Gastrectomy and Gastric Bypass procedures based on data review by ACS/ASMBS that translates into faster recovery and weight loss.
- Focus on preoperative patients education, preparation, risk reduction followed by adequate support systems after surgery to ensure long-term success.
- You will not be rushed to have surgery and left on your own after it.
- Our objectives are to choose best appropriate procedure for you based on initial weight and spectrum of medical conditions and perform procedure that is right for you with highest degree of safety.
- After surgery, we focus on close and lifelong follow up care that includes life style and eating habits modification to achieve adequate weight loss, resolution or remission of co-morbid conditions and assist with weight loss maintenance for years to come.
- While bariatric surgery is the most effective weight loss treatment, main benefit of surgery comes from its metabolic effect resulting in control of diabetes, high blood pressure, high cholesterol, sleep apnea, fatty liver and multiple other chronic condition affecting your health; adequate weight loss is associated with improved quality of life, mobility and etc.
- St. Agnes Bariatric Surgery program established in 2001, Center of excellence since 2006 and fully Credentialed Comprehensive Bariatric Surgery Center since 2013 provides comprehensive care with highly trained staff of Bariatric Nurses, anesthesiologists and all other needed specialists to assist us in your care.
- We are available 24/7 and 365 days a year to address any potential issues and side effects that might arise.
- We will assist you in every possible way with insurance coverage and minimizing your personal expenses.
- We will spend time listening to you and addressing all your questions.
- Our practice philosophy is to provide you with best guidance both before and after surgery with lifetime commitment.