Why Choose Our Practice
A Relationship That Matters
It always takes a team to help you reach your goals. Ascension Saint Agnes bariatric surgeons and team members form strong bonds with our patients that begin with your first seminar, continue into all of your appointments preparing you for your procedure and provide support over the years to come. Our patients tell us they value the special ongoing relationship that comes from having a surgeon who knows you, your history, what causes you to struggle, and what makes you come alive.
Since 2001 our surgeons have performed more than 10,000 bariatric procedures. Ascension Saint Agnes program has been recognized by the American Society of Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery (ASMBS) and the American College of Surgeons Fully Accredited Comprehensive Center of Excellence for bariatric surgery. The program has helped more patients than any other hospital in the state.
To learn more about weight loss surgery, find out if you might qualify for the procedure, or if you have questions about the other minimally invasive GI surgeries that we perform, call the office at 667-234-8725 to schedule a consultation appointment today.
While bariatric surgeries are most commonly equated with weight loss, there are a number of other GI problems that can be surgically treated when other, less invasive methods have failed. For example, surgery might relieve acid reflux, hernias, gallbladder pain, and more. Drs. Averbach, Hamdallah, and Swift perform advanced laparoscopic and endoscopic surgeries and procedures like:
Ascension Saint Agnes bariatric surgery adheres to the highest current standards of care and is fully credentialed Comprehensive Bariatric Program by MBSAQIP, a joint program of the American College of Surgeons (ACS) and American Society for Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery (ASMBS). Besides this professional endorsement, our program maintains separate credentialing for bariatric surgery centers of choice from CareFirst BlueCross BlueShield, Aetna, Cigna and UnitedHealthcare insurance companies.
Why Choose Our Practice?
- The Ascension Saint Agnes Bariatric Surgery program was established in 2001, has been a Center of excellence since 2006, and has been a fully Credentialed Comprehensive Bariatric Surgery Center since 2013. We provide comprehensive care with a highly trained staff of Bariatric Nurses, anesthesiologists, dieticians, psychologists, and all other needed specialists to assist us in your care
- We will spend time listening to you and addressing all your questions. Our practice philosophy is to provide you with the best guidance both before and after surgery with a lifetime commitment.
- We have performed >10,000 gastric sleeves, bypasses, duodenal switches, and revision procedures, and perform only proven laparoscopic surgical procedures endorsed by ASMBS.
- Our goal is to work with you to choose the most appropriate procedure for you based on your weight and any medical conditions you may have. Our safety record exceeds standards compared to national benchmarks for certified comprehensive bariatric surgery centers (MBSAQIP) with lower rates of overall morbidity and minimal rates of serious complications after surgery. Not only we are aiming for the best weight loss results, but also to improve your medical issues (co-morbidities), ensure the quality of life and prevent potential side effects that might require additional surgery later.
- Our high-quality, detailed bariatric dietician education far exceeds what other programs are offering. We are not just going to provide you with general recommendations after surgery, but give you detailed “How To” guidelines to do it safely and effectively. This knowledge is crucial to your success.
- After surgery, we focus on close and lifelong follow-up care that includes lifestyle and eating habits modification to achieve adequate weight loss, resolution, or remission of co-morbid conditions and assist with weight loss maintenance for years to come.
- We are available 24/7 and 365 days a year to address any potential issues and side effects that might arise. We also will assist you in every possible way with insurance coverage and minimizing your personal expenses.
Get started today! Click here to view our on online weight loss surgery seminar. The first step in your journey towards a new you!