A Guide to the Cost of Gastric Sleeve Surgery
There is no set cost for gastric sleeve surgery. However, you can look at average costs and start to form your idea from there. If you want an exact price, you can only get that by scheduling a consultation with a surgeon. However, we can help you better understand the cost of gastric sleeve surgery, as well as factors that can raise or lower the price.
The Average Cost of Gastric Sleeve Surgery in the United StatesThe average cost of a gastric sleeve surgery is $14,900. However, this price is not all-inclusive. There are many other fees that are for vital aspects of your procedures which will be tacked on to this cost. So, think of this average as a base price which you then build off of.
Factors That Can Increase or Decrease the Price You Pay for Gastric Sleeve
The Price of Gastric Sleeve Surgery Can Vary by Region and HospitalPrices also depend on how much it costs in your region, as well as how many hospitals offer this surgery within the area. This is because certain areas might have more expensive services, or they may not have a hospital offering gastric sleeve surgery.
The Cost of Gastric Sleeve Changes Based on the TechniqueThe type of gastric sleeve surgery you get will also alter how much it costs. There are two different techniques that surgeons use – the laparoscopic version and open approach. Laparoscopic procedures tend to cost more since they use specialized tools and require more extensive training for the surgeon.
Other Factors that Affect the Cost of Gastric Sleeve Surgery
- Anesthesia fees
- How long you stay at the hospital or clinic for after your procedure
- Preoperative testing/lab work required before your procedure (bloodwork, EKG)
- Any support garments you might require
- Paid help at home
- A hotel stay if you are traveling for your surgery
- Procedure room to be used
- Postoperative testing/lab work required before you leave the hospital or clinic (bloodwork, EKG)
- Follow-up checkups and how many follow-up visits your surgeon requires after your surgery.